Home Efficiency Rebates Program
Maximize Your Savings with Home Efficiency Rebate Plus: Receive up to $10,000 in Rebates!
Enbridge Gas and the Canada’s Greener Homes Grant have joined forces to offer rebates for home upgrades such as insulation, windows, doors, heat pumps, and renewable energy systems. The new Home Efficiency Rebate Plus program will help more people in Ontario save energy at home and enhance rebates of up to $10,000 for Enbridge Gas customers who use natural gas for heating. An extra rebate of $600 can also be obtained to offset the cost of the EnerGuide home evaluation.
In addition to the financial benefits, the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus program also helps to increase the comfort and safety of homes. Proper insulation and air sealing can improve indoor air quality and reduce the risk of drafts, while new windows and doors can enhance the overall look and feel of a home. The installation of heat pumps and renewable energy systems can also contribute to a cleaner and more sustainable energy supply. By participating in the program, homeowners can not only save money on their energy bills but also create a healthier and more comfortable living environment. The Home Efficiency Rebate Plus program is a win-win for homeowners and the environment, making it easier and more affordable to make energy-saving improvements to homes.
Ontario Homeowners Can Now Qualify
The Canadian government is offering a grant program called the “Canada Greener Homes Grant” to eligible residents throughout the country. If you live in Ontario, you can use the HER+ program to apply for this grant and enjoy the benefits of both programs with a single, easy-to-complete application, regardless of your home’s heating fuel source.
Uncover the Secrets of Energy Savings - How the Program Works!
Ontario Homes that Qualify
- Enbridge Gas customers: Enbridge Gas customers who own and live as primary residents in their homes.
- Landlord-Owned Enbridge Gas Homes: Enbridge Gas customers who own homes where they are not the primary residents.
- Non-Enbridge Gas Customers: Rebates are available for homeowners using alternative heating sources.
- Remote Communities: Permanent settlements with 10 or more homes, not connected to the North American electrical grid or natural gas network.
- Eligible Multi-Unit Properties: Rebates are available for some low-rise and mixed-use building owners.
- Secondary residences without an active Enbridge Gas account.
- Buildings with multiple residential units, three or more storeys high, or larger than 600 square meters.
- Housing cooperatives.
- Houses were constructed less than half a year ago.
- Buildings with a combination of uses, where less than half of the space is for residential purposes.
Home Energy Assessment
Up to $600. Choosing which upgrades are appropriate for your property is the first step.
Up to $10,000. Insulation for the attic, foundation, walls, and exposed floors can enhance comfort, lower energy expenses, and guard against moisture damage.
Up to $1,300. With draft proofing, you can get rid of drafts, enhance the air quality, and save energy.
Windows & Doors
Up to $325 for each. Condensation is prevented and drafts are eliminated through high-performance windows.
Space & Water Heating
Up to $7,800 Hot water heat pumps with the ENERGY STAR® certification consume up to 70% less energy. Heat pumps for household hot water can be ground or air source.
Up to $125* Increase comfort and cut costs by automatically saving energy.
Up to $5,000. Reduce dependence on the grid by producing your own energy. Batteries and solar cells are eligible.
Up to $1,625. Defend your home from climate change-related disasters like fires and floods.
If you have any questions or would like more information about rebates programs, please check out our FAQs page or fill out our contact form and we will be happy to assist you.